Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Muscles I didn't know I had...

You know when you do something physically exerting, that you haven't one before, or in a long while, you feel muscles you didn't know you had? That's how I feel today, emotionally.

Norah has been visiting the toddler room a couple of times a week over the past few weeks. I have been happy with this arrangement, since it's clear to me that she is physically more aligned with 2 year olds than 3 month olds. I am also very proud of her when I see her holding her own playing with older kids.

Yesterday we got our "official" letter that Norah, and the 3 other February girls will begin their transition to toddlers, and will be there full time by the end of the month - hooray!

But this morning, when I dropped her off, the other girls were already across the hall, and she joined them before I even left. She reluctantly left with Stacey, who I don't know very well, and that was that. I was left standing in the infant room, without my infant - oh wait, she is a toddler now...

I went back out to the car to head to work, and was overcome with some emotion. I don't know what to call it, but it's a new one for me. Kind of like when you paint the ceilings, and you have pains in places you didn't know existed. Not to say it's painful, it's not. It's just unfamiliar.

No comments:

Post a Comment