Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Potty Progress

With Brudder expected any time now, Norah seems to have turned a corner on the Potty training front. I'm not sure what's driving the change... she's become a fan of informing me "Mom, I'm a big kid now", though only when it suits her, as she'll also tell me "I want to be a baby" on occasion as well. Maybe her Oma asking her on the phone last weekend had something to do with it, or maybe Brudder's pending arrival, I'm not sure. Maybe she just decided she's ready.

Anyway on Saturday night we had been talking about it with her, and on Sunday when she got up I asked her if she had to use the potty - to which she replied yes! So off we went, and as a 'reward' she got to wear her underwear, which seemed to go over well. Every morning since, it's been the same routine, although we're using pull-ups as the 'reward' as she's on her way to daycare, but we got the go ahead yesterday to send her over with underwear on, so we'll likely give that a try next week. She's also been going at school 3-4 times per day, up from 1-2 over the previous weeks.

Also this past weekend we got a new toilet seat for the big toilet. Ours was broken and we needed a new one, and Matt had seen this one with a built in kid seat at a friends place, so we thought we'd give it a try. We installed it Monday night, and needless to say, it's been a hit with Norah. (not bad in my opinion either, by the way!)

There were two other incidents in the past couple of days that make me think we've turned a corner. Last night she was sitting on the potty and was getting ready to wipe and wrap things up, when she stopped, handed Matt the TP and said, "Hold this, I'm not done" and hopped back on to do her business! This morning, she was off to a bit of a rough start, and wanted a diaper on the changing table, and no part of the potty. I was disappointed, and thought we had taken a step backwards, but what could I do? As the morning progressed, she started to perk up a little. When we went into the bathroom to brush our teeth she said "Mom, I pee" and proceeded to hop up on the toilet and do just that! Hooray!

Yay Norah!

No comments:

Post a Comment