Thursday, December 6, 2012

Roddie Report: The Big-Boy Evolution Continues

As you know, Roddie moved into his Big-Boy bed a week or two ago.  He seems to really enjoy being a big-boy.  I, on the other hand, am still a big resistant.  I know, in my heart that it is all good, but I am still a little sad to admit that I have a big-boy on my hands, a baby no longer.
His transformation continued last week, with his first big-boy haircut.  He's had his hair cut a couple of times before, but it was mainly just a trip of his beautiful blonde locks.  With his blonde hair and long eyelashes this kid will surely be a heartbreaker... in any case, he was in bad need of a haircut, and I knew it was time for a real big boy cut - that doesn't mean I wanted to be the one to make it happen!
We had a lot to do last Saturday, and I took Norah to finish up the Christmas shopping with me, and Matt took Rodde to Soccer.  I asked him to get his hair cut when they were done, purposely not giving him any instructions beyond where the nearest kids-haircut place was located.  I did get a call asking for further instruction, to which I responded with "You are the boy's father, you can now have creative control over his haircuts" *sniff*.  While it took Matt a minuet to get what I meant, I think it turned out well!  I cried, of course, but I msut admit he looks as handsome, if not more handsome, than ever!


No comments:

Post a Comment