Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Adventure Chronicles: Library!

I actually took these pictures with Foto Finish Friday in mind, but, well, there were other pictures to post, and let's be honest, I forgot!  I took these a week ago last Saturday, and while I could use them this week and you'd never be the wiser, I'd know!
Matt has been working on some things for the house and I've been trying to keep us out of his way, for at least a little bit of time each weekend.  It's not always easy when the weather is cold... we've done lots of errand-running, mall playground visiting and even took a trip to a nearby airport to check out some airplanes a couple of weeks ago.  Anyway, I decided the library might be a good idea! 
Both kids love books, 'reading' on their own, together, and being read to, at bed time or pretty much any time.  I'm told this bodes well for their future academic success (I'll take it)  Norah has been to the library several times, and even has her own library card.  She loves the idea of "buying" books to take home, and always gets a couple for Roddie also.
Rod, on the other hand, had not yet been to the great hall of books... and I'm happy to report there isn't much of a story to tell.  He did great, behaved well, chose a few books (Batman!) and even used the potty while we were there.  All in all, it was a great success, and we only left because it was well past lunch time and we were hungry!
Our town library has a great kids section, with plenty of books, comfy chairs (bean bag and otherwise)  They also have legos, a train table, an aquarium, some hamsters and while it's generally a quiet area, it's separate from the adult areas, and really allows kids to be kids.  I think we should go back again more often!
 
Doing their own library thang...

Norah showing Roddie the ropes

No comments:

Post a Comment