Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Roddie Report: Milestone?

It was a big day at our house this morning, as Roddie did NOT have a big diaper when I woke him up.  In fact, he had a dry diaper.  Roddie drinks a lot of  milk, water, juice… whatever he get his hands on, and has always been a heavy wetter at night.  We even used night time diapers with him as a too-wet diaper would wake him up.  This feels monumental for me, in part because Norah was 4 before we started seeing dry nights, despite being day-time dry from 2.5.  That said, she is, and always has been a very deep sleeper, unlike her brother.  I also hope that it means that he’s getting a little closer to being potty trained.

He’s been interested for well over a year and has often done the deed on command.  However, until recently he really hasn’t taken notice of the condition of his nether regions and whether the pull-up, diaper, or undies was wet.  All things in due time, I suppose and I’m told boys are usually later than girls, but I am really looking forward to the end of diapers and getting rid of that stinky diaper pail once and for all! 

I suppose that it’s a step in the right direction regardless… or maybe it was just a fluke J

No comments:

Post a Comment