Thursday, November 21, 2013

Norah News: Fun with Words

Norah is really flourishing on the reading front - she read an entire level 1 reader to me the other night.  She's sounding out words everywhere we go, on signs, on ketchup bottles, you name it!  She read "Parmesan Cheese" for my mom the other day!

Last night when I went to pick her up at the afterschool program, she was sitting on the front of the stage, on her own, with her nose in her latest Fancy Nancy find from the library.  The cool part of this vignette was her feet, which were swinging and her face when I caught up with her and asked what she was doing. 

I don't remember when, exactly, I learned to read.  But I do know that I've loved to read for a really long time and I could not be happier for Norah.  Seeing the joy and pride in her face when she figures out what she thought was a hard word is really amazing!



No comments:

Post a Comment