Sunday, September 27, 2009

Me and My Shadow

Norah goes through phases when she is “Mommy’s Girl” or “Daddy’s Girl”. This weekend she was clearly on a Mommy roll… we split up for Saturday errand running, with Norah accompanying Matt to the grocery store… apparently the folks going about the Saturday shopping were treated to a chorus of “Mamamamamamamama” Actually, I don’t know for sure, as I was miles away at the time!

What I do know for sure is that whatever I like to do, she likes to do. If I’m wearing my crocs, she wants to wear hers. If I’m brushing my teeth – yup, you guessed it – she’s brushing hers too. On Saturday, after errands, I put on my sunglasses before heading out to the deck to have a frozen yogurt with Norah and she insisted on wearing hers too… here we are, me and my shadow.



Because this blog is also a record of sorts for Norah when she’s grown up, I have to chronicle a little moment we had the other day. I was folding her clothes on my bed, and she picked up an unopened tube of moisturizer. She was trying to get my attention, and when she did, I sat down on the floor with her, as she “applied” cream to her face, like I do in the morning. She then spent about 20 minutes pretending to apply it all over my face too – so sweet and so gentle, looking closely at my face. I could have sat there all day, with my shadow, but alas, she moved on to something else. I on the other hand, can still feel her little fingers gently rubbing my face, and see her little brows - up close - furrowed in concentration.

No comments:

Post a Comment