Friday, October 30, 2009

Sometimes I am my own worse enemy

It's true, sometimes I make things harder than they need to be... I over think things, which stresses me out, and by which time I've ultimately made things harder on myself. Take Halloween for instance - what could be hard about Halloween? Nothing really. If I did what I should have done, which was buy some cut and bake cookies with pumpkins on them, toss then in the oven, and then work at home this morning so I could easily run over to daycare for the annual parade around the parking lot.

But what did I do?

I made home made oatmeal cookies in the shapes of ghosts and witch hats and pumpkins, and then I spent the morning fretting over whether or not to attend the parade, only to decide not to, too much to do, get into the office, spend a very focused 90 minutes getting a jump on things, speed across town to miss the outside portion of the festivities, but I did get to see her trick or treating inside and grab a bunch of pics with my cell phone, because, of course, I didn't have the camera either. Jack's Mom sent me this... she was smiling at me and my stupid cell phone...



So what did I learn from this? I'm not sure. I'm good at juggling a lot of stuff, and I'm most effective at work when I'm busy, so maybe I should have just planned my day, knowing I was going to want to go to the silly parade. Even with driving across town and back, it only took me an hour, and it's not like I don't work at home at least a day each week anyway... It's hard, being a working mom, but sometimes, you just have to suck it up - you'll be glad you did, I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment