Thursday, May 26, 2011

Roddie Report: Mama's Boy

Rod has become a Mama's boy like I've never seen!  Well, maybe I have, but Norah never went thru a phase where she so strongly wanted me and no one else.  I'm assuming it's a phase at least, and loving every second, knowing it could end at any time! 

I first really noticed his clingy-ness when I took Norah to the potty at church a few weeks ago, and Rod was fussy and crying the whole time we were gone.  The minute Rod saw us heading back towards them he started reaching out to me, nearly diving out of poor Matt's arms as I got closer.  I felt a bit bad for Matt, but the reality is that going to Church these days is somewhat about surviving, so I just took him and the mass went on.

There have been plenty of other instances, but the one that really got us both was one night last week. It was Matt's turn to get up with the kids overnight, but he called out to me for an assist.  Apparently he was changing Rod's diaper on the couch in the living room, and Rod decided to pee, on him, as little boys do.  The problem was that it was not once, not twice, but three times, soaking Matt, the changing pad, the soft and indeed Rod himself!  I got some dry jammies, helped clean up and then went back to bed as Matt sat down to give Rod his bottle.  It wasn't long before I realized it wasn't going well, so I got up to see if I could help.

Again, Rod reached out for me.  I took him and he immediately settled down.  We sat down together and he drained his bottle and fell back to sleep.  I guess sometimes only your Mommy will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment