Monday, November 21, 2011

Highlights of the week

There were a few really cool things that happened this week that I wanted to log here on the blog..
  • First, a really really cool sibling moment... Norah and Roddie both woke up from an afternoon nap around the same time Saturday.  They were both a little groggy and were sitting on either side of me on the sofa.  Roddie reached out and took Norah's hand, and she let him.  I sat there, in between them, with their clasped hands right in front of me, and just took in the moment.
  • Then, today, Matt was working late to help me with some logistics on my end and it was just me and the kids tonight.  After I read books with both kids on our bed I was getting ready to put Rod to bed and was talking to Norah about it, when Rod slid off the bed and took off down the hall.  I wasn't sure where he went, and he didn't come running when I called to him, so I investigated.  He had managed to climb up on one of the kitchen chairs - all on his own - and he was trying to reach what was left of his milk from dinner time!
  • The kids in our hood are getting to be old enough to stay and play without parents, and it's starting to get fun!  Norah and Erin have a blast on long weekends, and yesterday Jack's mom got a kid-free trip to the grocery store while Jack joined our fun outside.  We had a blast playing pretend camping! I sent the kids off running around the yard "collecting firewood" which resulted not only in a pretend campfire, but also a pile of sticks that were *not* all over Laura's yard!  I'd join the fun from time to time, sing a camp song, tell a ghost story, or "roast some s'mores" but their imagination really took over, right down to "Pooch" Jack's imaginary pet dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment