Sunday, June 23, 2013

Norah News: sigh....

While I think a formal graduation complete with professional photographer (thankfully, no prom!) was a a bit over the top for preschool, the photographer captured one of my all time favorite pictures of Norah and I.


Honestly, it almost brings tears to my eyes every time I look at it.  She somehow managed to get Norah both pulling away from me and leaning back into me at the same time.  I think this really captures the essence of where she's at these days, as she (ok, we) get ready to head off to kindergarten.  I want to hold her tight and let her go at the same time also, but that doesn't show up quite as well in the photo :)

I told a few of my neighbor-mom friends about this picture last night and mused that I wondered how this picture would look at her highschool graduation - would there be more or less leaning in and pulling away?  One friend thought, rightfully so, that there will always be some of both... I think she's on to something, just ask my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment