Thursday, September 5, 2013

Norah News: Kindergarten Day 2

Well the second day of school started out in much the same way as the first – a pink, giggly blur.  On this day we went to the early drop off program before school, so I had a chance of getting to work on time.  Lucky for us, eh… I mean her, Erin, her best buddy from around the corner, was also going to early drop off that day.  I blocked my calendar for the early morning and Roddie and I walked Norah and Erin up to school.  It was a beautiful sunny day, with none of the humidity we’d been dealing with lately and Rod and I thoroughly enjoyed the walk, even if it meant getting to work a little late. 
It's only the 3rd day today, and already I've come to understand that universal truth that all parents the world over eventually learn:  After a certain point in time, this is your most familiar view of your children:
 
Of course, it is all right and good, and we've only just begun, and that's what we're trying to do as parents, after all... and blah blah blah.  It just caught me a little by surprise what a difference a few days of school would make.

No comments:

Post a Comment