Monday, December 2, 2013

DW2DT 2013: Day 148, the END!

I know, I know, I've been pretty lazy with updating the blog lately, but we've had a lot to do!  Moving in is one big one, cleaning as we go is another.  Then, on top of that, we're trying really hard to get back to normal living.  Also, Nanny and Papa came to visit us for a few days and we just got back from Thanksgiving in PA!

In fairness to Tim, I think the last day he did real work here was about a week ago, call it Day 141.  However, TODAY was the first day since July that he wasn't going to be here while we were at work.  It was a little strange, as I've kinda gotten used to having someone here during the day - picking up my Zulilly and Amazon packages and taking them inside before Matt notices them, signing for furniture deliveries, letting in the furnace guy and so on. 

We've got curtains or blinds on all but three windows now and at least some furniture in all but 2 rooms - some is on order and some is in the basement.  We still have more cleaning to do, but most of my clothes and the kids clothes, linens and coats are all in their proper (and oh-so-spacious!) closets.  I still can't believe this is our house most days, but bottom line is -

We're done!!!

PS Dad, I finally found that HDMI Cable :)

No comments:

Post a Comment