Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Sad News, but Lovely Ladies

On a sad note that I'll write about more later, my grandmother, Nanny Dot, passed away on the Saturday of Easter weekend.  While her death was not unexpected, it was still very sad.  However, as is often the case with elderly deaths, the coming together to mourn her loss really became more of a celebration of her life.  One of the bright spots, that I'm sure she's smiling about, was that I got to spend some time with my two sisters.  I had just spent the weekend with Susan and her family, and Erin had some big news (BABY!!) to share and I really enjoyed spending time with them away from our everyday lives.  Reminds me of sister weekends we used to do back before life got too busy.  Of course, sleeping in your childhood room in your childhood home with your sister has a way of bringing up memories, but all in all, they were good ones.   We had some good laughs for Nanny Dot, even as we mourned her passing.  
Me with the two lovely ladies otherwise known as my sisters

No comments:

Post a Comment