Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Norah News: Girls Like Me

Over the weekend, the kids and I were out on a bike ride. Norah was chatting away, and she says "Mom, only boys get boo-boos and bruises on their legs from playing, not girls." "Oh", I said, thoughtfully, and before I had the change to say another word, she continued, " Except girls like me, we have lots of boo-boo's" I smiled to myself and thought, "You go girl!" I'm always telling the kids that bumps and scrapes on their legs in the summer time just means they are having fun. I'm glad she's "that kind" of girl!

The kind that falls off her bike into a mud puddle (true story, a half dozen kids riding thru a puddle over and over again), gets splatted in the fact and all over her dress (of course, she was wearing a dress, nicely accessorized with pearls and matching bracelets) and keeps on riding. When I asked if she was hurt she replied, "I stubbed my toe!". Seeing that she could not have actually been hurt, I offered to take her inside and clean her up. She came back with "No, I want to keep riding with my friends", so I wiped her face off with the hem of her dress and sent her on her way. Matt hosed down her, her bike and at least one other kid/bike combo before all was said and done.

No comments:

Post a Comment