Thursday, August 28, 2008

Norah News: Cuts Like a Knife


So, the last few nights Norah has been waking up around 2 am, thus precluding the solid sleep for myself that I have come to expect in the last month. We're all still fighting this cold, she fell asleep without any Mom time on Monday.. what could it be??? Being a newbie at this, of course I was rubbing her gums each morning and evening, looking for signs that her first tooth was on its way... Funny enough, yesterday I had a funny feeling that something was up with her, though I couldn't put my finger on it... she seemed happy when I dropped her off, but it nagged at me, and I called to check in her at daycare. Her "teacher", Digna, mentioned she was a little off, and maybe she was teething...

Now, various authorities on the matter have told me she's been teething for several months now... the drool, the chewing everything in sight, so honestly I just thought - sure, she probably is, but no sign of that tooth yet! But, much like her arrival into this world herself, there was no sure sign when I rubbed her gums last night, but lo and behold, this morning there is a little sharp spot on the bottom right, as her first of first teeth is pushing thru!

Of course, Mom and Dad are very proud and excited, as though any of us had anything to do with when Norah's first tooth arrived! All in all, it wasn't too painful a process for us, let's hope they are all like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment