Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Norah News: Daycare Day 1 - we made it!

Yesterday was Norah's first day at daycare, and I'm happy to report, we all survived the experience in fine style! Getting out of the house on time wasn't hard, but getting motivated to do so was a liitle rough... Norah and I would usually spend some time lying on the bed chatting before Sue arrived, and without her arrival, there was no reminder that I had to get to work! IN any case, we made it with a minimum of fuss.

There are 3 other kids in her 'class', a really cute little guy named Quentin, who is 11 months, and two little girls named Lauren and Cassandra, who are also February babies (Lauren actually has the SAME birthday as Norah!) Yesterday I didn't really get to see Norah in action too much, but today was different. I plunked her down in an exersaucer, and she went to town, chewing on whatever she could reach.... then she noticed Lauren in an adjacent saucer, and started smiling and giggling at her! Lauren wasn't quite sure what to make of her, but that didn't stop Norah from wanting talk to her new buddy! Reports from her 'teacher' Miss Digna were good, and she was impressed with how well she can stand (assisted of course!) and eat. This is what her 'classroom' looks like.

I also had opportunity to meet the other kids moms... they didn't seem too much different from me... maybe I don't stand out as such a greenhorn after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment