Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Norah News: Fashion Emergency

As you may know. Norah really, really hates to wear sandals. I'm not sure when it started, or where it came from - all I can tell you is that she HATES them. I tried fooling her with putting socks on with her sandals (I know... don't get me started) but she's too smart for that. Thanks to some super hand-me-downs and a splurge or two by me, we have a variety of sandals of all sorts, sizes and descriptions, but I've yet to find a pair she will wear. She has all kinds of cute little summer dresses and other outfits, which would look just sweet with any of these specimens of summer footwear, but alas, she insists on either sneakers or her black Mary Janes.

So this morning, decked out in her sundress, I thought I'd give it another try. On go the socks. No problem. Next come the sandals (which franky, look a lot like shoes) Got em! She actually put them on! So I stood her up to see how she looked - CUTE! It lasted about 30 seconds, before she took one off and started crying. She wanted the shoe back on. Weird. So I put it back on, and 30 seconds later, same thing happened. After a few rounds of this, she was walking around, enjoying the uneven sounds of one socked foot on the hardwood floor. Though even that didn't last long. The crying began again.

So after a few attempts to remedy the shoe situation and console her, I said "Norah, if you're not going to stop crying, you're going to have to go and sit in your corner." She stopped for a few minutes, and then I guess decided she needed a cry, as she walked over to her corner, dropped on her bum, and had a good wail. I gave her a few minutes before I asked if she was done, which she was, we kissed and made up, put on the Mary Janes and started our day.

I do like this time out thing... especially when she puts herself there!

No comments:

Post a Comment