Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Norah News: Highlights and Play of the Week

It’s been tough finding time to blog lately, but not for lack of material! In lieu of a big ‘ol blog post, I thought I’d share a few tidbits

  • Time outs are going really well. Really well in that the mere threat of sitting in the corner is enough to head off most attempts by Norah at getting her way by screaming. It feels good to me, to flex our parental muscle, and I think it’s starting to pay off. We’ll see what happens next week, when we’re on vacation. I’m thinking of taking a play from my Dad’s parenting playbook, and using the WAC Method (“Walk Around the Campground”) The play, strictly speaking, involves a humiliating walk while clasping the hand of an unwilling sibling, but it’s known to result in giggles, so I’m thinking in lieu of a corner, it just might do.
  • She did the most awesome thing last night in the tub. I think her bath gel is part of what’s causing the skin issues on my hands, so I’ve started using regular soap with her. Last night she was very interested in the bar of soap, and after the usual adorable attempts to grab onto the thing, she got it and started cleaning her belly, and then her arm. Next thing I know, she is soaping up her hands and then washing her face! Just like Mom does! In the midst of me telling her what a good job she was doing, she leaned over and also washed MY face! Too Cute!
  • She’s taken to saying “Amen” with me at the end of her bedtime prayers, at least some of the time
  • Drop offs have been a dream lately… yesterday when I dropped her off, now fewer than three kids were having drop off drama meltdowns… she took off looking for some more cereal and barely even said good bye!

    Alright, much to do – heading out on vacation this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment