Sunday, December 6, 2009

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow!

The first snow of the season rolled in over the weekend, and no one was more excited than Matt. He's been working outside over the past few weekends making sure everything was buttoned up tight for the winter, and fired up the snowblower to make sure it was ready to roll.

Norah, on the other hand, had no idea that snow was coming. When she looked out the windows on Sunday morning, her eyes were as wide as saucers as she took in the winter wonderland outside. She ran into the dining room to look out the patio doors and get a better look at this stuff.

But she wasn't interested in actually coming into contact with it. She wouldn't touch it in my hand, and wasn't the least bit interested in walking on her own as we went about our Sunday morning routine of church, breakfast and groceries. In fact, she was dead set against going outside to play even after her long winter's nap of nearly 3 hours that afternoon.

So, thinking she'd see what fun it was, Matt geared up and headed back outside to build a snowman, as Norah and I watched from the front window. I tried convincing her many ways, but she was not going outside - not willingly at least. Taking a cue from my dad, I was pretty sure she's like it, if I could just get her out there. I managed to get her snowpants on, but the boots were proving to be a challenge - no suprise, given the Great Sandal Saga of 2009. I was making a little headway, by convincing her that one of her stuffed animals really liked the boots and she ought to at least try them.

In between Boot Battles, we would check outside to see how the "pokey" (aka snowman) was coming along. At one point two of the neighbours came over, and called out to her - I said, "Norah there's Megan, do you want to go outside and say Hi?" To which she responded, "Yeah" I kid you not. I told her she'd have to put on her boots and coat and hat, but she was not deterred! Out we went, and she ran down the driveway to see Megan!

She still didn't have much interest in touching or standing on the snow, but the pokey that Matt made is sure a hit! We had a quick visit with him this morning and she said "Bye, School" when we were headed to daycare. I'm not sure if they were headed outside to play today or not, but there could be some interesting reports for me today!

Here's Norah and her Daddy, with the pokey

All three of us

And lastly, the Ladies of our road.... hmm maybe pokey is a girl after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment