Friday, December 18, 2009

Beantown Vacation

The staff here at the Beantown Bugle are taking it a little easy these days... Norah and I are visiting my parents this week and getting ready for Christmas.

We travelled by plane, which was interesting on a couple of fronts. First of all, it was the first time Norah flew since she was old enough to understand what a plane was all about. I am happy too report that she did exceptionally well on the trip, especially given that we woke her up at 5 am to make the trip! She was really curious about pretty much everything, from the ground crew to the window shades and not the least bit freaked out by take off and landing.

The other thing that struck me, as I looked at all the business travellers, poking away at their blackberries, what that it was great to be on vacation! I could very easily be working this week and part of next, but instead, I'm here, with the only grandchild, having a wonderful visit with my parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment