Sunday, December 19, 2010

Roddie Report: 4 Month Update

Roddie had his 4 month appointment this past week and all is well - he weighed in at 13lb 10oz and 25.75"... just about average for weight and a little on the tall side for boys. I had to adjust the car seat straps today and it got me wondering how that compared to Norah... I couldn't put my hands on her 4 month stats but my blog archives tell me that she was 14lb 4oz and 26" at 6 months, so Roddie is clearly bigger at this point!

Other Roddie developments include:
  • He finally agreed to start taking the bottle again, and since then Matt has been giving him at least one formula bottle each day. We are now on the weaning train, and I hope to have him transitioned to formula before I head back to work. I went back and forth with it just as many times as I did with Norah, although landing much earlier on the weaning side of the fence.
  • He also started taking some rice cereal in the past week or so... I had no choice when he was refusing the bottle and still eating every 2 hours all day and all night. It didn't help much when it comes right down to it, but we've started!
  • He's made some big strides with his motor skills and advances in how he plays. He is able to grab things and put them where he wants them, and entertains himself with various toys like the jungle gym and some bead like things on the exersaucer.
  • He loves to stand, and smile. Unlike Norah, who was a jumper at this point, he just likes to stand, where he can look around and see what's happening!
  • He loves his sister! Roddie just loves smiling at Norah, it's at great way to start the day when Norah and I go in to get him up and he's chatting away and then busts into a HUGE smile when Norah gets close!

No comments:

Post a Comment