Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day 1

Yesterday I went back to work. And it was OK.

It's a lot different returning this time... I know what to expect, we've been getting up and out of the house every day all along, I know his caretakers, and I've had 20 weeks off with him. Also, since I knew all along I'd be coming back, it had to happen sooner or later, and I'm ready. That's not to say I wasn't sad to leave Roddie for the first time, or anxious to pick them both up at the end of the day, but we've known all along this was coming!

I'm thankful that I was able to take the extra time off - I took nearly 8 weeks longer than most here in the US. I'm at a point where I feel strong physically and mentally and prepared to get on with it, so to speak.

As for Roddie, his first day was a success from all reports. He's taking bottles without any problems, he was actively playing with various toys and there are 3 other kids the same age in his class - 1 boy and 2 girls. From all reports he was his smiley self all day, and the only negative was that he didn't really nap - at all - all day! I'm sure that will change as he gets adjusted to his new routine - let's face it, who wants to sleep when there is so much to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment