Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Norah News: All by Herself!

My Dad has this "Proud Papa" look that he sports on special occasions like graduations, weddings, other events where one of us has done really well at something.  If you know my Dad, you've seen it - big smile, puffed up chest, a little swagger in his gait.  Well I've got the Mama version going today - big time!

Norah was not exactly being co-operative about getting ready this morning, challenging me at every transition - from potty to breakfast to teeth brushing to clothes picking to.... you get the idea.  We had made it as far as agreeing on her clothes for the day, and she was laying them out on the floor as she often does.  I figured if  "I couldn't beat 'em, join 'em" and I left her to do her layout and went to the bathroom to get myself ready.  A few minutes later she came in and said "I need help with my buttons" - on her jammie top.  It was then that I noticed that she had changed her pants already.  I helped her with the buttons and finished drying my hair.  When I went into her room, she had just completed putting her shirt on, and had already put on her undershirt before that - she totally dressed herself, with no assistance!  Heck, I wasn't even in the room!

Hooray Norah!  Mom and Dad are so proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment