Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Memorial Day 2011 Adventure!

As you may have heard, I rely on a few minutes of TV to get out the door in the morning... specifically PBS kids.  One show that we (Norah) like is the Cat in the Hat.  The Cat has a song that is played each episode about going on an adventure... this has become our theme song, in a way, especially as our red truck bears a striking resemblance to the Thingamajigger.  We refer to our roadtrips with the kids - be they for the day or an overnight or two - as adventures!  It somehow adds to the excitement and gives us all something to look forward to!  This past weekend we went to Halibut Point State Park, where we had a nice walk around the quarry and near the ocean, followed by a picnic! 

Here's Norah, ready to roll... she knows what's in store!

 Rod looks pretty excited too, maybe he knows also!
Here's Norah and Matt walking in front of Roddie and I, heading towards the ocean.... reminds me a little of a picture of my sister Susan and my Dad on the beach many years ago, on one of the many adventures my parents took us on every summer
Here's Miss N, hamming it up for the camera...
 I wonder where she gets that from.... ;)
 Rod thinking about taking a few steps
Lastly, where we all are, overlooking the ocean on our big adventure day!


No comments:

Post a Comment