Thursday, June 2, 2011

Roddie Report: 9 and a half Month Update!

I know I posted an update about Rod just 2 weeks ago, but he's changing so fast, another one is warranted already!  Here's a quick look at his latest tricks!
  • Walking: well, not on his own, but he will pull himself up on this shopping-cart walker thing we have and walk himself across the room! 
  • Swimming: well, again, not on his own, but we've had occasion to swim at our local lake beach and also at the ocean over the past week, and Rod loved it!  I sat him at the water's edge and left the rest to him!  He had a hoot splashing and digging in the sand, and was not the least bit intimidated by the waves (maybe he doesn't know better??)  Even when they would wash up over his legs and chest, he was happy - and we're talking 55 deg F ocean water here people!  he actually took it upon himself to crawl along the edge of the surf!  It's gonna be a fun summer!
  • MMMMAAaaa:  Well, he's not screaming my name like his cousin Hartleigh is, but if I am sitting on the floor, or on the ground, he'll literally come over, crawl up into my lap saying MMMMAAAAA... I'll take it!
  • Teeth: We're now up to 6
  • Picking Up Chicks: At the aforementioned trip to the beach, a cute girl in a polka dotted bathing suit caught his eye - and he hers!  McKenna was 13 months and adorable.  She and Rod were making google eyes and giggle noises at each other, and when I held his hands to have him walk in the sand, he headed straight for her and reached out to hold her hand!  She obliged and smiled back at him.  It was pretty cute but makes me wonder what we're in for in the years to come...
  • Eating Food - this one he IS doing on his own.  He has really lost interest in any of the mush-type meals that I need to feed him with a spoon, and prefers instead pretty much anything he can feed himself - as long as it's not slimey (so a lot of fruits go un-touched)  I'm surprised to see this happening so early, but after he was eating way too many Cheerios, and not much of what I was offering, I figured it was time to mix it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment