Tuesday, June 28, 2011

My Boy Roddie

Roddie is growing by leaps and bounds!  He's mastered "Maw, Maw, Maw" for me, and of course the usual "Da Da" and we swear we've even heard him say Norah, though not with any discernible regularity yet.  He's moving and grooving all over the place and is definitely anxious to walk!  He continues to be a laid back happy fellow, unless he's not feeling well, in which case he can rival his sister for drama!
My parents were here to visit with us for a week or so, and had a great visit with both us and the kids.  They were able to spend some one on one time with both Norah and Roddie.  Interestingly, Roddie shows a really strong preference for my Dad!  Maybe it's the name, or maybe it's just a guy thing, but he really didn't want much to do with my mom at first, and she really had to work to get in his good books!  I don't remember Norah being like this at all, but then again, as an only child, heck, only grandchild, she was pretty much the center of attention regardless!!  In any case, all was well by the end of the visit and Roddie and Nannywere tight!
The week after my parents left, we headed to PA for various reasons I"ll talk about later.  While we were at Matt's parent's house, Roddie discovered stairs, in a BIG way!  He has not, to my knowledge had any opportunity to practice on stairs, since we live in a ranch style house.  Oma and Opa live in a 2 story townhouse, so it didn't take Rod long to spot the stairs!  The surprising thing was that he mastered them, on the first try!  I saw him going for them and quickly moved next to him as he ventured up the first step.  Then he tried another, and another, and then Norah went to the top to cheer him on and before we knew it, we were all at the top of the stairs!  Needless to say, I spent the rest of the visit running interference between him and the stairs!





No comments:

Post a Comment