Monday, September 12, 2011

Adventure Chronicles: Vacation 2011 Summary

We're Back!
From where you may ask?  Well, I didn't post about our vacation, because, well, this is the Internet after all!  But we're home now and it was a great trip!  The driving reason behind the trip was my sister Erin's wedding to Eric, but we packed a LOT of good fun into the 10 day adventure, so much so that I"ll need a few posts to record it all!
In 10 days we covered nearly 1900 miles (that's about 3000 kilometers for you Canadians out there)  We slept in 7 different places (including home), and spent more than 2 hours of driving time on 6 of the 10 days!
Vacation 2011 - 10 days, 1900 miles, truckloads of fun!
In addition to seeing Erin and Eric tie the knot, which included catching up with extended family, meeting Eric's family, and E&E's friends from the west and a visit to a working farm (!), I also got to share some of the highlights of Halifax, a city I lived in for 4 years, with Matt and the kids, introduce Roddie to my Grandmother, Nanny Dot, and spend time at one of my all time favorite places, Inverness Beach Village!  Overlaying all of it and making the trip very memorable for Norah in particular was the fact that her Nanny and Papa (my parents) were around the whole time... popping in for a visit here, stopping by to babysit there. 
As you might expect, I've got a lot of work to catch up on, but I'll document our trip in the coming days

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great trip! I love Inverness. I'll have to get Ulla to Cape Breton Island some day.

    ReplyDelete