Friday, September 23, 2011

Roddie Walker

Who me?  Walk?
Well, at long last, Roddie has joined the ranks of the walking!  It happened innocently enough, Wednesday night, he just up and walked across the kitchen.  Thursday, when I was picking the kids up from school, he just got up and walked into a classroom or two.  There was no wobbly, tentative steps - he just stood up and walked to where he wanted to go

We've known for some time that he was able, it was just a matter of deciding that he wanted to.  He has been able to walk pretty impressive distances and a good pace since early July, but just hasn't really been interested.  I'm sure if he were an only child, he would have gotten around to it earlier, but the fact is, as a second child, we have other things to pay attention to, and little time to run the practice drills we did with Norah (not really, but I think you know what I mean). 

I think peer pressure played into it a little as well.  His best buddy at school, Kendall, started taking a few steps over the past couple of weeks, and I gotta think she's really starting to move now.  Then, teeny tiny Charlotte also started taking a few steps and the little man just didn't want to be left behind!

Regardless, I am thrilled that he didn't wait until next week, when I am out of town on business, to get around to it.  Thanks Rod, and keep on walking, little buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment