Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Relaxation

Each year I went to my parents house for Christmas, I'd invariably feel as though I was hit by a large truck at some point during my stay... I always chocked it up to the gluttony, too much of my Dad's wine, the late nights. The net effect would be a lot of time on the sofa, in my jammies, at all hours of the day.

As I've grown to know Matt's family, and become more comfortable with them, the same phenomena seems to occur when I travel to PA... again I chocked it up to the rich food, the long drive, etc.

So this year, we stayed here for Christmas, and I was totally surprised to get that same old feeling again... where did that truck come from anyway??? We've had our share of wine (sadly, not my Dad's) but nothing like in the good old days of "Grown Up Christmas" at my parents home... we had a few treats, but nothing excessive, heck, we even went for a walk the other day!

So, I am left to conclude that this feeling is not due to excesses of any sort, but rather a sign that we have, in fact, kicked back and fully relaxed.

We are very busy recharging our batteries these days, and getting ready for 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment