Thursday, December 18, 2008

We're Back!

Tuesday didn't start out very well... Matt got up to go to work, and on his way out, at 5:30 am, he returned to our hotel room to let me know that we needed to find somewhere else to stay that night, as 'there was no room at the inn'. I sent a few frantic emails and made a few frantic phone calls, and by 7:00 we were all set at another local hotel (and 2 very generous offers from friends!)

By 9:00, Norah was down for a 2 hour nap, and I actually did a little work, even attending a staff meeting! Around 1:00 I dropped her off at daycare so I could go home and clean out the fridge - I had to do something! I sorted through the freezer and was happy to discover that we didn't have to throw away everything! Things at the back of the freezer seemed to be still frozen solid! Then, around 1:35, the power came back on! What a sense of relief! I was starting to feel that we may be the last ones to get our power back (we're not, there are still several hundred houses in our town alone without power, and tens of thousands in MA and NH)

By 6:00, when Matt arrived home, I had picked Norah up, finished cleaning the fridge, the kitchen, the living room and the bedroom, set a Christmas scented candle burning and had some Christmas tunes playing in the background. Matt if often heard saying "I am a simple man" and I knew he would appreciate coming home to a healthy Norah and a cozy home, especially on his birthday!

All I can say is it's good to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment