Thursday, August 13, 2009

BIG NEWS!

It finally happened.

Norah said "Nanny"

My mom has been patiently waiting, as Norah mastered Aunt Zie, Eric, Erin and even "Papa". I was convinced that during the week we spent together, she'd say it, but the closest she came was "lala" which is what she called the dog next door, whose real name is Lannie, which admittedly sounds a little like Nanny

In any case, this morning over breakfast, we were looking through the picture book I had prepared for our recent trip. I'd point to a picture and ask "Who is that?" She got Erin and Eric right away. Then I showed her the picture of her and Nanny. She pointed, and then screwed up her face a little, then she said it - "Nanny!" as clear as day! I was so excited I had to call my mom and let her know right away, seems like it wouldn't do for her to hear it on the Bugle first!

Yay Norah!

No comments:

Post a Comment