Monday, April 19, 2010

Hi Brudder!

Well as you can see in the picture from earlier today, Norah and Matt are spending the day together today. It’s one of those charming Massachusetts holidays that only schools, banks and, apparently, daycare, are closed. Since I'm hoarding all of my vacation days to extend the precious little maternity leave I have, Matt took today off. It’s a busy time for him at work and I know it’s a tough day to take off, but, as with most things kid-related, you do what you gotta do!

Matt also went to Norah’s parent-teacher meeting this morning. We both attended the first one, but ever since I’ve attended solo, since it’s usually me that takes the day off. Matt called afterwards with the report – which was all good! They basically review an age-appropriate checklist to see how she’s doing against milestones for her age. She has absolutely no areas for concern – as usual, she doesn’t give us much to worry about!

The other thing that was cool today was that Brudder really made himself known! I’ve felt him kicking for nearly a month now, but wasn’t showing any movement on the outside. Well, just now, as I was sitting her working away, by belly got hard and tight and pushed itself against my desk! I absently rubbed it with my hand, only to discover it was him, moving around! I don’t know if he likes the clickety clack of the keys or if he doesn’t like these pants (which honestly are a little tight when I sit down!) but I do know he pushed his little head around to let me know he’s there! As Norah would say…“Hi Brudder!”

No comments:

Post a Comment