Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Norah and her Words

As I've mentioned, Norah has been getting a lot more verbal lately, putting words and phrases together in the proper way. She is big on expressing her likes (Elmo is my favorite!, Milk is good! I like fishies!) though her dislikes are still mainly communicated by tantrum-like behaviour, or an emphatic "No!" regardless, it's all progress!

One of her latest turns of phrase is "Be right back!" usually accompanied by a knowing look, and a hand to tell us to stay put. She did it when going to the potty at Oma's this weekend (followed shortly thereafter by "Help Please!" when she couldn't get up on the toilet herself) and she did it last night.

On Tuesdays, Matt usually works late, so it's just us girls here for the time being. I was pooped, and sat on the bed to change my clothes. I then tried to coerce Norah into reading a book with me, in the big bed, before supper - she agreed, as she usually does. I asked her to go and pick out a book. She jumped off the bed, pointed at me and said "Mommy lay down, Be right back" It was all I could do not to crack up, so I did just as I was told... listening carefully for sounds of a disaster, but she returned shortly with a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment