Friday, August 9, 2013

DW2DT: Day 33

Here at the DW2DT compound we've reached the 30% mark, at least as far as the planned schedule goes.  It's really pouring outside and I am working from home/trailer as I'm taking a mental health break this afternoon to get my toes painted and some final preparation for Roddie's birthday party tomorrow.  (and my sanity, Matt is going to be really busy at work over the next couple of weeks, the kids have a lot of appointments over the coming weeks between starting school and turning 3, and my own work is pretty stressful, though not in a busy way, at the moment... oh, and we're building a house and living in a trailer...)  Anyway, it's pretty cozy here in the camper with the rain beating down outside.  Tim just asked if I needed a coffee, and life is good, although clearly, I am not getting much work done. 
Things are moving along inside the house, or at least it sounds like they are very busy in there!  Each day I see some more wires and pipes in the house, so while it's not nearly as exciting as when the roof goes on, it's definitely getting us closer to normal life again.   
Downstairs Potty tucked under the stairs... no dashing up the stairs for us!

TWO new tubbies, sitting in Roddie's room... one for us, one for the kids.  Or, if we go with Norah's preference, one for the boys and one for the girls (I think she may be on to something...)  Not sure, but they may be going in right now!  Can't wait to have a regular shower again!

No comments:

Post a Comment