Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Roddie the Rockstar

This one has nothing at all to do with his guitar.
Roddie has a little friend at school, Kendall.  She’s as cute as a button, and she’s pretty much the only kid he ever talks about other than Norah.  I’ll ask him “Who did you play with today?”  Answer: Kendall (Said “Tendawl”, since he doesn’t do K sounds)  or “How was school today?” Answer: “Tendawl was not there” and so on.  She’s been known to come running when we arrive or be watching for him in the morning, but still, I worried that my kid was the creepy guy, crushing on the girl who wasn’t interested.
Turns out, I could not be more wrong.
We went to Kendall’s birthday party this weekend and it turns out, she must talk about Roddie all. the. time.  Her aunts, uncles, grandparents, family friends all told me stories about her talking about “this Roddie”.  At one point her grandfather, after asking around which kid was Roddie, stood next to me and told me that he approved of Roddie as a future grandson-in-law!  Glad he made that call before he saw the epic meltdown when it was time to leave. 
Roddie, as usual, didn’t care for the spotlight and tended to stick close to me, or eventually Norah while Kendall attended to the rest of her guests.

No comments:

Post a Comment