Monday, June 14, 2010

Burn Baby Burn!

Some days, I just have to blog whatever is on my mind. Today, it's this little guy -->

Cute eh? Don't let him fool you, he's not burning desire (which you might guess by the fact that he's running away) He's HEARTBURN, and I dislike him very much. No, I HATE him. He's worse than a newborn, and no where near as cute! He's with me morning, noon and night. He makes me afraid to eat and unable to sleep. He makes me uncomfortable and cranky, and the only thing that makes him go away is milk. I've had more milk in the past two weeks than in the past two years combined (ok, maybe not, but it's close)

TUMS don't cut it, cause in a cruel twist of fate, sugar seems to be one of the worst offenders. So not only no jelly beans, but no juice, no lemonade, no wine coolers (kidding, just seeing if you were paying attention) Its water and milk for me until the end of the summer!

My doctor told me "don't be a hero, take some X, Y or Z" which of course I didn't note down, so when I went to the pharmacy today I had to ask the very nice lady behind the counter which ones were OK. She said she had two kids and would not advise taking any over the counter antacids as the amount of testing was likely minimal. So, in my tired, cranky and heart-burned state, I couldn't deal any more, so I strolled wistfully down the candy aisle before I bought some more milk...

So, if you were to cruise by my office today, here's what you'd see.... Yummm MILK!

No comments:

Post a Comment