Friday, June 25, 2010

SURPRISE! Toronto!

Last weekend, I went to Toronto, to my sister Susan's Baby shower. Now, those of you who know me, know that I am really not a big fan of showers - baby or wedding - despite the number that I have attended and had a hand in over the past year or two. That being said, I'm coming around... so much so that I got on a plane and left Matt and Norah for the weekend to attend Susan's! It's hard being so far away from my sisters sometimes, especially at times like these, when we're both pregnant. So when Matt suggested out of the blue that I jump on a plane and surprise her, well, that's exactly what I did! Here we are, bumping bellies just after I arrived.
Susan's good friend Shannon was in on the secret, and left her own mom and sister who were also visiting at home to pick me up at the airport. I think Shannon might have been more excited than I was! Thanks Shannon!

The funny thing was that I had a surprise myself the previous week, when my parents were visiting. When I arrived home on Monday, my sister Erin popped out from behind the house with Norah! As Erin's boyfriend Eric observed, we like to arrive on a plane, unannounced! In any case, Erin was a surprise guest (more or less, right Dad?) at Susan's on Thursday, so I'm pretty sure the last thing she expected was for me to arrive also! As one of my co-workers asked: the shock didn't put her into premature labor did it??

Well, no, it didn't, but we somehow managed to have a fairly relaxing whirlwind visit, topped off by a lovely and very enjoyable shower hosted by Susan's Mother-in-law, Anna. Anna and her daughter Paula put on an amazing spread of food, and it was great as always to catch up with some of Susan's friends, and know that she's got them as well as her in-laws with her up there.

Since we don't often all get together, and even more rarely all showed and 'dressed up', my Mom made sure we got a picture of us all! Here we are, the MacNeil women, at least two generations of us! Nice huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment