Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Norah News and Plays of the Week

– Norah has been sleeping for 13 hours straight at night, for close to a month now. I’m now sure if she’s fighting something or what, but I’ll tell ya, having some time to myself in the morning sure is nice. I’m really lucky in that I’m ramping down towards the end of the year at work and I’ve been able to get her sleep in!

– Speaking of sleeping in, I was treated to a coffee delivery – to my bedside table, while I was reading a book – on Saturday morning. Not only that, I got a refill while I got thru the last couple of chapters – bliss! And speaking of coffee, I awoke this morning, a weekday, to the smell of that sweet elxir… Matt put the coffee on before he left – what a guy!

– I never did do a report on our thanksgiving travels, but we had a great trip! We went to PA, as usual, and stayed with Matt’s parents and had dinner at his brother’s. 26 people attended this year, with a total of 5 kids under 5. Norah had a great time with her cousins Brian, Megan, Natalie and Megan. She hadn’t had a nap and I was a bit worried, but as I’m sure all you experienced parents know, adrenaline and sugar kept her running around (literally!) until nearly 2 hours past her bed time. She put on a fine show for her Oma and Opa, calling them by name and full of hugs and kisses. She pretty much had us all in tears as we were leaving as she was blowing kisses and saying “I Wuv you Opa, I Wuv you Oma!”

– We had a major potty milestone this weekend. A poo! Not only a poo, but a poo that she alerted us to and held until she got there! Not only a poo that she held until she got there, but 3 bowls of fruit salad from a party the night before was not going to be pretty in a diaper! Congrats to Norah!

– When Matt’s parents visited a couple of months ago, his Mom showed Norah how to bless herself. She kinda seemed to get it, so we ran with it, and try to always remember to say grace before meals. Well this morning, even though I am certain she was quite hungry, Norah folded her hands and said “Mommy – Prayers!” I guess I’ve been told!

– Little Miss N really tests us at times. The other day we were all just finishing having snacks in the kitchen, and she was cruising around with her sippy cup. The rule is that she’s not allowed to take the cup into the living room, it must stay in the kitchen/dining room area. Her trip into the living room was abruptly halted by Matt telling her to stay in the kitchen. Well didn’t she stand with one foot in each room, inching towards the living room until she was busted again! The worst part is that she had the most mischievous look on her face… I’ve said this before, but I sense trouble ahead…

No comments:

Post a Comment