Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Roddie Report: An Independent Streak

It’s recently become apparent that I am blessed with not one, but two very independent children (stop laughing, Mom!) Here at the Beantown Bugle, we’ve reported many times on Norah’s independent tendencies, and now, at a mere six months, it’s time to report the same for Roddie.  What exactly can a six month old do independently, you might ask?  Well, he can feed himself – no, not can, INSISTS on feeding himself. 
Last night at dinner, I was multitasking as usual, feeding him and myself at the same time.  He started to refuse the spoon headed towards his mouth, so I figured he was full.  So, I handed him the spoon, which he grabbed (with his left hand, incidentally) and put into his mouth.  “Cute!” I thought, thinking it was a one time deal… until he did it 8-10 more times and finished off his supper!  He performed the same tricks at breakfast this morning, and I must admit he makes less of a mess than I do!

I’d just like to know when he’s going to start changing his own diapers…

No comments:

Post a Comment