Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Nanny and Papas Visit

Just getting caught up with some updates, because, you know with a camping trip coming in 2 days, I have nothing else to do :)  The blog must go on!!
In actual fact, I've been meaning to do this update for a while and really want to make sure it gets done.  We had an especially nice visit from my mom and dad this year and I think they enjoyed it as well.  They stayed with us in the basement grandparent den for two weekends and got to enjoy some one on one time with the kids in the week in between (and one day of rest LOL!!)  As usual, we benefited from parenting coaching that can only come from ones own parents!  We also put them to work, having Mom take Norah for her haircut and babysitting while we went out on a long overdue anniversary (Accessory Day!) dinner.

Nanny and Norah enjoyed some "fancy time" together.  As I've written before, Norah is big into Fancy Nancy, and Nanny didn't disappoint when she arrived with two new books for her.  I'm not sure, but Nanny may have regretted her purchase after the 15th or 20th time she read them. 

In any case, I think she enjoyed some girly time with Norah, having her hair done and trying on jewelery. 
I think both Norah and Nanny were sad to see their time together come to an end.  In fact, the day after they left, Norah quietly leaned in to me and said "I miss Nanny and Papa".  While the sentiment on it's own made me tear up a little (and want to move home, stat!) I was also impressed with her ability to express herself.
Papa got a workout pushing both kids (at the same time, no less!) around the yard.  I'm so happy my parents are young and healthy enough to enjoy our kids - heaven knows it took my sisters and I long enough to have them!
Roddie didn't want anything to do with Nanny for the first half of their visit.  I don't know if Nanny was so absorbed with Norah that Rod figured he's get more attention elsewhere or what, but he was all about his Papa!  Actually, I will have to admit that my dad and Roddie have really clicked since day 1 - Dad could calm Roddie down as a newborn better than anyone!  Who do you think is happier in this picture? Hard to tell isn't it?
It wasn't really an uncommon occurrence to see the two Rods together, both with broad smiles!
All in all, I'd have to say it was one of the better visits we've had with my parents.  They are easy to have around any time, but I particularly enjoyed this visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment