Monday, July 30, 2012

Matt's New Toy, er, I mean Tool

If you know Matt, you know that he's long wanted a lawn tractor.  We have a good sized lot and it takes the better part of 2 hours to mow it all.  Up until this year, I kind of felt like it was the only exercise we got, so we may as well stick with the push mower.  Admittedly, when I mow, I mainly do the large flat sections closest to the house - it's about an hour's work, and just the right amount of push for me!
This year, I was semi-retired for a few weeks early in the mowing season, so I took on the first cut of the season on some of the area in the "back 40" as well as the easy areas I usually do.  Well, it took well over 2 hours and a toll on my body.  It was then I decided it was time to make the move to a ride on mower!  That, and some work moves netted a little extra cash in addition to my semi retired state.
It's hard to say if who was more excited, the kids or Matt... this photo would lead you to believe it was the kids...
 On the other hand, Matt was pretty happy also...

But maybe, it was Mom who was happiest after all!  Hard to say...

No comments:

Post a Comment