Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Chase is on!

My Dad told me a month or so ago not to be in a rush for Norah to walk and talk... he said that once she started walking and talking, I'd be spending much of the next 15-20 years telling her to sit down and be quiet!

Well today I got some idea what he was talking about! At church this morning, Norah made her first attempt to make a break for it, heading out the aisle just after communion. It was her first real outing with big kid shoes (ie hard soles) since she learned how to walk.

Then, this afternoon, we went to an open house at the school that Matt has been working on for the past couple of years. They had a nice program in the new auditorium, but Norah wanted no part of it. Instead, she and I spent the better part of an hour practicing her new skill - picture a wide open lobby with several connecting hallways, beckoning little Miss N to explore! Well explore she did!

I think we might be in for a good night's sleep tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment