Monday, June 28, 2010

Me and My Shadow

Could it really be that my last post about me and my shadow was almost 10 months ago? My how time flies! Norah and I had some challenging times last week - in hindsight lack of sleep for both her and I was a major contributing factor. Friday night in particular, I was at my wits end, and she spent a good 30 minutes in her room after school and before supper time while I gathered the strength to deal with her. Needless to say after an early bed time and sleeping in (until nearly 9 in her case!) we were back on an even keel by Saturday.

That's not to say that we didn't get some serious down time in over the course of the weekend - we definitely did, and we're definitely all the better for it, with nary a tantrum to be seen! In the picture below, we were trying to convince Norah to have some 'quiet time' outside on the deck, reading her book, "just like Mom". Well she fell for the "just like Mom" bit, as you can see below, but that was just about it. In the end, I went into the house for a nap, and Matt and Norah had some success with an outside snooze as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment