Sunday, October 31, 2010

A Witches Spell?

I think a witch cast her spell on us last night... after going to bed at 10:30, I woke up at 6 this morning to find the entire house still in darkness - and perfectly silent. It's been a rough week for sleep, not because of Roddie, who has been giving us anywhere from 5 to 6 hours at least once a night, but because of Norah. I'm not sure what's going on, but she's been waking up in the middle of Roddie's long stretch all week - very unlike her. When I talk to other parents I realize we have it good with her, and her sleeping habits, but still, we are certainly accustomed to a full night's sleep!

I last fed Roddie right before I went to sleep, and had expected to hear from him somewhere between 3 and 4 as usual. When I woke at 6 with throbbing and leaky boobs, I thought for sure he'd be up soon. After a half hour of waiting, and still the spell had not broken (even Matt was still asleep!!) I had to go and pump. Sneaking quietly around the house so as not to break this wonderful spell, I snuggled back into bed for another half hour before Matt stirred - unaware that I had even been up! Like thieves in the night, we chatted amongst ourselves, praying that we would not break this wonderful spell, and eventually got up to read the paper. We were enjoying our coffee and morning paper when Norah came into the kitchen around 7:45, followed shortly by some announcements from Roddie that he too, was ready to get up. The spell was broken.

Whoever the witch was who cast the spell, I hope she comes back soon. She is a good witch indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment