Friday, January 14, 2011

Roddie Report: 5 Months!

I'm not sure if it's a scientific fact or not, but time seems to go much more quickly when you have children, exponentially so when you have two! Roddie passed the 5 month mark this week - I can hardly believe it! Here's what he's up to:
  • He's getting very close to sitting up on his own - he will use his arms to push and hold himself up.
  • He loves, loves, loves his big sister - he literally lights up when he hears her voice or sees her entering the room - if I wasn't so happy about it, I might be a little jealous - he used to reserve that reaction only for me!
  • He wants to crawl, but so far has mastered only 'swimming', with arms and legs flailing, on his belly. It's not the most efficient mode of transport, but he sure burns a lot of calories trying
  • No real progress on flipping over from back-to-front yet - he's still stuck at half way, with his hips flung over, but not his shoulders.
  • Coming up on the end of week 2 at daycare and full time formula feeding, he seems to be adjusting ok, as am I. He's got a cold, and I suspect is also teething, and has not been drinking as much formula as he should be, so I've suspended solid foods until that returns to normal - which it appears to be.
  • We weren't having a lot of success with cereal until I added a little mushed up banana to it, which he seemed to love, so we'll be picking that up again shortly

No comments:

Post a Comment