Thursday, June 18, 2009

I made it!

Well I made it thru my first business trip! I am back in the airport banging this out on a tiny blackberry keypad, while I wait, and wait, and wait... Again.

Anyway all in all it wasn't too bad, the trip itself was really useful professionally. I was able to meet with close to 25 people, face to face, who I work with often, in some cases daily, but have never met - including my boss! Leaving Norah and Matt stunk, but part of being a parent is providing for them, and part of my job is travelling from time to time. I tried to enjoy the time to myself (and I did!) I also talked to some successful women 20 or so years my senior, who not only remember being in my shoes, but managed to get thru it. Without me offering up too much about how I felt, it was clear they understood.

Matt and Mom and Dad wisely neglected to tell me that Norah asked for me last night until I was at the airport on my way home - next time I think I can handle that news in real time :)

Here is a cool picture from the airport

No comments:

Post a Comment