Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Seperation Anxiety

I am writing this from the runway at Logan airport. I am (trying) to get away on my first business trip since Norah was born. I knew it had to happen sooner or later, and, let’s face it, she’s nearly 16 months old already, so I think this qualifies as later. I have mixed emotions about this little trip – it’s only 2 days, but I miss 3 good nights and 2 good mornings with Norah (and Matt), not to mention countless hours, minutes and seconds. (Well, let’s take from the fact that I can’t rattle them off as a good sign!)
We’re really lucky because my parents were scheduled for a visit over the past week or so, and they were only too happy to have the opportunity to hang out with Norah for another couple of days. I am sure Matt and I could have managed, but this way is much much easier!

It seems that Norah has started her “vocabulary explosion” and she’s picking up new works every day. She hasn’t been at daycare since Mom and Dad arrived last Wednesday, and I find myself wondering how many words she’d have if she was at daycare, would it be more, or less? I can’t wait to see what she has to say when I return on Thursday!

Leaving was a little rough, Norah didn’t want to give me a smile, though we did spend an hour or so of quality time together before I left. It felt that much harder as I drive by the neighborhood elementary school, kids everywhere, all kinds of moms walking their kids home from school – and what am I doing, leaving on a jet-plane for Chicago! I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t tearing up a little just writing about it.

Ultimately, I got to the airport in plenty of time, with no real tears, and did my best to relax and enjoy a little alone time (as much as one can be alone in an airport departure lounge that is ) It was actually alright, and now our flight was very delayed, so I also had time to knock out a Sales Brief that is due tomorrow!

I don’t quite feel like saying “Chicago, here I come!” but maybe “Chicago, I’ll be there”
Edited to add: Matt and Norah just called to say goodnight, thinking I had already landed in Chicago (I wish!) Norah didn’t have much to say, but it was nice to hear from them nonetheless. I think I am going to be O

No comments:

Post a Comment