Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Norah News: My Big Girl

When I arrived at daycare to pick Norah up yesterday, she was nowhere to be seen in the infant room. I poked my head in, and Digna told me that she had been over with the toddlers for much of the afternoon! I was excited, but a little nervous to peek in on her and see what she was up to...

I peeked in the window, and there was Norah, and 3 or 4 other kids, all jockeying for position as Sophia (the teacher) blew bubbles for them to catch! Norah was a full head shorter than all the other kids, but was holding her own just the same.
I also learned that she had been outside to play that afternoon, with the big kids, and appeared to have had a blast! They have an indoor climbing structure in the toddler room, and Norah showed me how she could climb up the (kid sized) stairs, and then down the slide... she attempted the slide head first, which we had to adjust, but then she seemed to love it!
I'm sad in a way, cause she is not a baby any more, but I am also excited for her! The teachers in the infant room are so nurturing (to both her and I!) but as more little kids come in behind Norah and the rest of the February girls, they need to look after them (both the moms and the babies) and it's time for Norah and I to take on the next step.
Bring it on, right Norah?

No comments:

Post a Comment