Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Back to the Grind

Every weekend, I take my wallet and cell phone out of my purse, and put them in the diaper bag. Each Sunday night, after Norah goes to bed, I take it out of the diaper bag and place it back in my purse. This routine somehow helps me change gears from being a working mom to just being a mom over the weekend. I change gears, focus on Norah and Matt, and leave the marketing plans, data sheets and presentations to their own devices.

This past week, I turned off the phone, left the bulk of my wallet at home, and barely knew where the rest of it was – We went on VACATION! It was a wonderful, very relaxing vacation, in one of my favorite places, with some of my favorite people. The weather was great, Norah had a hoot, and we could not have asked for anything more (except possibly an air mattress that actually held air…)

My only real complaint about our vacation is that it’s over. We’re back – at least in body. My mind is still not quite in the game, so I’ll keep this post short.

No comments:

Post a Comment